Author: Tina Avila, LMFT
When you don't have a purpose, it can make you feel lost, and without direction. You might not know what the meaning of your life is. You might not have a sense of worth or belonging. It's hard to set goals if you don't know what to reach for, and it's hard to stay motivated when all you want is an answer.
If you are looking for a way to find your purpose in life, there are many ways that you can go about this. Some people start by reflecting on who they are as a person and where their strengths lie, while others take on self-improvement projects with clear goals in mind.
No matter which approach sounds most appealing to you, one thing is certain: The pursuit of finding your true calling will be the journey that leads to deep fulfillment in every aspect of your life.
What does having a clear purpose do for you
Finding your purpose will help you see the bigger picture. You'll be able to differentiate between what's important and what's not. Plus, with a clear purpose, you'll be more confident in all areas of your life. You know exactly why you're doing something and that gives you fuel to keep going when things get tough.
It's easier to bounce back from adversity because you have a sense of who you are and what it is that makes your world go round. A clear purpose can lead to better relationships because people want to be around those who bring positivity into their lives. And if anything, having clarity on one thing - even if it's just for yourself - can help everything else fall into place!
How to find your purpose
1) Start by thinking about what you love. What makes your heart sing? What are the things that you enjoy so much, you don't want to do anything else?
2) Think about what makes you good at something.
3) Think about what skills and interests have been important in your past jobs or projects.
4) What would make you happy if you were able to do it every day?
5) Who are people who inspire you, who seem happiest doing what they're doing?
6) Do some research to see where this type of work might exist and talk with people currently doing it.
7) Once you've narrowed down a few possibilities, try them out for a week or two to see how they fit into your life. And finally
8) Pick one - even if it's not perfect - just pick one!
In conclusion, I hope this post has made it clear why finding your purpose is so important. If you haven't already, take time today to think about what's most important to you and how you want to leave this earth. Also it helps with stress and anxiety; gives you something to look forward to; gives you clarity; and can have long-lasting positive impacts on mental health.